Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Got a suggestion to help improve the server? Let us know here!
User avatar
Donor
Pendulumm
Posts: 68

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by Pendulumm »

Bucovsky wrote:You know it's not even taking them from you, just making you work for them?
Yes, in my first message I explained why this system isn't going to yield any results.
Comeherefour wrote:You seriously have no case here.
Well, I would say that it is you the one who have no case. So far i saw zero arguments in support of this new system, just random bullshit. If people don't need or don't know about something it's their own problem.
User avatar
Comeherefour
Posts: 60

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by Comeherefour »

Pendulumm wrote:So far i saw zero arguments in support of this new system
So far I've read strictly random bullshit covered as arguments from you.
User avatar
Donor
Akeno
Posts: 833
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Contact:

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by Akeno »

banana
robsn
Posts: 107

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by robsn »

@Pendulumm i agree u 100%
Zap
Posts: 94

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by Zap »

@Pendulumm I also agree with you. Time will tell whether this has any positive impact, or whether it will only serve to act as an annoyance.
User avatar
Donor
Pendulumm
Posts: 68

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by Pendulumm »

Comeherefour wrote:So far I've read strictly random bullshit covered as arguments from you.
If you claim that my arguments are bullshit you should provide counter-arguments to explain why I'm wrong.
Comeherefour wrote:Even tho those average Joes could get those consumables - they don't, mostly because they either don't know about the Isle or just don't need em
That "average Joes discrimination" just makes no sense, this game is based on knowing and doing something. If you don't know/don't use - you lose. Simple enough.
pastbound
Posts: 25

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by pastbound »

This is going to have a reverse effect of your desired goal, meaning...you're going to lose more people than you gain.
As for the argument that its too over powering to the 'average joe's' that come to check this server out. That argument can be made about anything on any server, if you start on any server there are people that out gear you or have more resources than you; thats the way it goes. Thats an RPG, to people that worked for it and grinded the rep its a slap in the face because new people are too lazy to spend 4 days to do it them selves? It's literally the easiest rep grind I've ever seen.
By this logic you may as well nerf s4 because its too over powering to those new s2/s3 people and we should all pamper their sensitive needs. What an absurd notion. And by that logic whats the point of doing anything on this server?
Battlegrounds is exactly that, a battle ground where anything goes, thats the point, if you don't like that, stick to arenas. Battleground's purpose is to essentially simulate world-pvp. I cannot stress that enough. If someone is using flasks/elixirs in duels, then don't duel that person, you don't HAVE to duel that person. Or perhaps calmly, politely ask him to remove them, instead of calling him a "noob" or a "retard" because of it, if he doesnt then, again, no one is making you duel that person.
People get so easily discouraged nowadays, if I'm new to a server and I see someone in BG that just demolishes me and out gears me or has something his professions grant him, I feel motivated to get to that level, to aspire to that so I can be like that. But instead people are far too ego driven and rage quit or make up half-cocked, convoluted arguments because they got shut down in a BG.
More and more this is becoming less a 'fun server' as it becomes more of a 'nerf server' where anything thats fun about it gets nerfed, or removed completely.

As for what Comehere said. "Even tho those average Joes could get those consumables - they don't, mostly because they either don't know about the Isle or just don't need em (unlike you they don't need to "extend" their "capabilities")."
Firstly, if they don't know the Isles, they are purely stupid, for numerous reasons, primarily, it literally says "Professions Area". I have found this to be one of the easiest servers to navigate. Also, it's not difficult to pick nearly any one in /who and ask them, speaking personally, I get messages nearly daily about something or another, whether it be about where they can get professions or flasks/elixirs, in most cases I give them a stack of flask/elixir appropriate for their class and direct them on their way. What they do with that information is up to them, and again, speaking personally, I've encountered more people than not that were thrilled with how quickly they could obtain their professions and these items and resources. The issue in this server is not with flasks/elixirs and/or professions; it's the people. Perhaps if the majority of this server was a bit more helpful to new comers the state of the server would be more populated. Professions are not what deter new comers, its people, people that bash you and mock you if you lose a single duel in the dueling area, people that whisper you in BG about how lucky you are because you resisted a fear and that you are shit and should kill yourself. These are the type of people I see everyday, and this is exactly what is driving new comers away. Because by Smolderforge logic, if you're not a pro, you're shit.
Secondly, if they don't want/need them, that is their choice, they know what they are facing. How is that any different from retail? If you chose not to get professions, you're choosing to contend with whatever resources other players may have with their professions, that is your choice.
And I think you deeply misunderstood the phrase "extend their capabilities" either that or it's a poor attempt to troll, if it's the latter then it's an admission of your argument being complete and utter bullshit.



To conclude, I agree you guys should do something about Azshara and Hyjal to re-ignite world pvp again, but I don't agree that this is the method to do it. I think an alternative motivational factor should be implemented. Perhaps Wep. Fragments, Fel Armament, Heart of Darkness or Arcane Tome. Because if you don't donate for Aldor/Scryer rep, you have to grind all the stuff for it, and it honestly takes forever.

EDIT: To add on the topic of putting mats in Hyjal/Azshara. I don't want to sit in an area farming mats for hours searching for plants or whatever I may be looking for, thats not what I came to a pvp server for. Every person has just as much access to professions as anyone else.

Also, what happens when someone makes a raid of 10 or 15 people and just dominates Hyjal/Azshara, preventing anyone from getting mats while they take it all for themselves for an entire day or perhaps days? I can see this happening already, in fact I can just imagine some guilds camping it around the clock, monopolizing Hyjal/Azshara, while new comers go there and get demolished every time they step foot in there. This idea does not favor new players. You could argue that they could simply make a raid to fight them, which would be practical if we had a higher population, but we currently do not, not to mention new comers don't know anyone, so older players are just going to dominate those zones with their friends/guildmates which will piss off a lot of new comers and deter them from ever playing here again because anything worth obtaining on this server will be controlled and governed by people who already have everything. This idea isn't going to make it more enjoyable for new players, it's going to give SF a reputation for being a server thats dominated by donors and guilds/players that have played together for years.
If you make it so Aldor/Scryer stuff is the reward there, it will maintain activity within those zones while preventing raids from camping there.


--Greatpaw
xfeet
Posts: 23

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by xfeet »

As guild master speaking I think it takes quite an effort to provide anything usefull for pvp/pve to your guild bank. Since everyone are lazy bastards it takes me for example 2-3 hours per week to restore food/elixirs/flask etc. in guild bank not mentioning time I ve spend to be able to do that. I think there are few people willing to do that. Im studying and working atm and I dont have much time for restoring gb because when I log I also want to play some bgs.. And because part of members in every guild is in only because of guild bank all im thinking of is that with system like that there will be 2 guilds on the server where most of the people will be in due to 2-3 nolifers they have willing to farm all day all night and provide usefull guild bank. Just my opinion..

And one more thing.. with those two more quests for weapon fragment. Active player would be able to farm legendary wep. in 22 days. That would lower the rarenest even more. In my point of view if you would like more world pvp make port to gurubashi arena.
User avatar
Apuclevercow
Posts: 1349

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by Apuclevercow »

If your guild members are only there for the bank that's unlucky
ah
xfeet
Posts: 23

Re: Suggestion to the professions system and World-PvP

Post by xfeet »

@Apuclevercow

I said part of them.. those who plays once per two week and take something for BGs and max. say hi. If you think you don't have any in yours you're too blind to see or you're one of the 3 ppl that are active and your GB sux.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest